Armin @ Venue [update] vol.3

Παρακάτω ακολουθούν photos και η συνέντευξη που έδωσε ο Armin στην Vanessa Keen!








1. What influenced you into music?

“It’s a Long story, we could be here till 6 in the morning, I guess my father was really into music as well, and he always gave me cassettes and CD’s that he listened to, he was pretty progressive at the time and he would listen to the progressive of the 70’s, plus all my friends would listen to music so that’s how I got attached in the first place.

2. Did you start from a main gig?

“I started as a student during college in my student town of Lyden, that is where I worked at a local bar called the Nexus from ‘96-‘99 I was also producing at that time and had released a hit record in the UK. From that point I just went on.”

3. Which artists do you get inspired from and which do you appreciate?

“That’s a hard question, its so many people. Frangelis from Greece, he is definitely, one of my biggest inspirations, Domita, Claude Shootz, Bently Brandt, I have a huge library where I don’t even know where to begin.”

4. Which has been your most memorable gig in your career?

“I think I have quite a few, the most important gig for me was playing in front of 18,000 people in Holland last year, on April 19th with my last CD “Imagine” and I did a 9 hour set on national TV which was pretty spectacular.”

5. Tell me about your radio show?

“Every week I do a radio show its called a state of trance, and I have been doing it for the past 8 years, and usually when I’m on the road I have to do my radio show in my hotel room and sometimes I just wake up and feel like doing my radio show just before breakfast, So sometimes I sit in my underwear doing my show, and a few years back it was hilarious because I was presenting my show and I had my headphones on, while someone at the door was knocking and I didn’t hear a thing, when the cleaning lady walked in while I was speaking in Dutch live, we both looked at each other in shock . I did have the do not disturb sign on the door, but was already 3pm. And didn’t hear a reply. Its hilarious to think about the idea that I sometimes play for more people in my underwear than I play when I actually DJ.”

6. What are your future plans in the music industry?

“Keep doing what I do. I am a shareholder in Armada music and in Cloud 9 so my main focus will be producing tracks for my self and other artists. Making records is one of my passions, as well as helping new talent to develop.”

7. Out of the tracks you have created would you say ‘Shivers” is your favourite?

"I don’t know, it’s hard to say it’s like asking me what my favourite child would be, every track is like a baby".

8. You are attending the Music Conference in Miami?

“Im playing at Ultra Music festival and Kamio, down in South Beach.”

9. How was it winning Best Trance Album for Beatport? Is it your main source, for finding music?

“It’s a great recognition beatport, has become more and more important for a lot of people. I go online to a lot of online stores, they send me a lot of music also, but I still buy a lot of records.

10. Are you continuing your residency with Amnesia?

“Yes, We started Amnesia in 2003, when we started Armada, and this is going to be the 6th year, every year is bigger and better. This year im only doing 11 nights, 11 Tuesdays, and im playing together with Roger Sanchez whose playing on the terrace. So, its house on the terrace, and trance in the main stage.”

11. How do you feel about being rated No. 1 DJ in the world?

“It’s the biggest dream coming true for every DJ its like winning an Oscar, who doesn’t want to be the best at what they do. Lets say that people call Venue the best club in the world, that’s what you want, you work hard for it and you hope that it happens, and if it does you are a very happy person."

0 comments

Make A Comment
top